You work hard to make your business a success. You treat your customers right, offer quality products and services, and hire the most knowledgeable, hardworking employees you can find. When it all comes together nicely, your company does well. Ask any successful business owner what makes his company such a success, and they’ll tell you: Networking. You have to get out there and talk to your potential customers. You have to get to know them, and let them get to know you. You have to put your business in the forefront of their minds and give them a reason to keep it there.
One of the best ways to do this is with a memorable business card. For dōTERRA Wellness Advocates, EssentialOilPrint.com is where you go to create the perfect business card.
Tips on Picking a Business Card
Creating a business card that represents your company in such a way that's catchy and memorable is key. It's important to keep a few things in mind when deciding on your card's design:
- Keep it simple: You want to create a business card your clients will remember, but filling it with a bunch of words and images that appear crammed or illegible will only cause them to throw it away with little more than a cursory glance. Choose fonts that are easily readable, and stick to just one or two images for the best appearance.
- Paper quality: The thicker the paper used, the more expensive and professional your business card looks and feels. Choose a paper that's at least 300 GSM thick for best results.
- Color: While keeping text and images simple is best, choosing a bright color for your card goes a long way to helping potential customers remember you. Bright colors are eye-catching, which sticks in the mind longer. Of course, there's a lot to be said for a nicely done black and white business card as well.
- Embossing: You can always jazz up your business card by embossing the text. In fact, doing so might just help your prospective clients remember you better. Embossing raises the letters just a bit so not only can clients read your card, they feel it too.
Things to Avoid When Picking a Business Card
In many instances, your business card does the talking for you. It needs to convey your message well, and it's tempting to make some of the following mistakes in an attempt to make your card more memorable. While you want your card to stand out, it’s important to remember to not:
- Use fancy, unreadable fonts: People will not take the time to try to figure out what your card says, which means they won't be calling you when they need what you offer.
- Use borders: Borders may look perfectly symmetrical on-screen, but once printed, they can look lopsided compared to the straight lines of the card edges. It’s safest to just avoid the whole potential fiasco, and forgo borders altogether.
- Cram information: It's important to include pertinent information on your business card. With today's technology, there's a lot that should have a place on yours. However, don't try to include so much information that your card looks a mess. Instead, focus on the basics, and if you have more information you want to include, consider a QR code.
Choosing a Business Card with EssentialOilPrint.com
dōTERRA representatives have a special opportunity to create fantastic business cards with EssentialOilPrint.com. Created especially for dōTERRA reps by other Wellness Advocates, the business cards found on our website are of the highest quality and design. We aren't designers who think we know what works best for your business. Our business cards are tried and true designs created by individuals with the same ideas and goals as you.
For more information, or to get started creating the perfect business card for your dōTERRA business, contact us here, or call 800-610-4758.
Latest posts by Jared (see all)
- Developing Business: The Importance of Business Cards for Wellness Advocates - December 8, 2016
- dōTERRA Essential Oils for Winter Wellness - November 15, 2016
- Tips for Selling dōTERRA Essential Oils in the Winter - November 10, 2016